Terms and Conditions for Contributors
Thank you for your submission to The Catholic Weekly newspaper which is a publication of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney (CAS). By submitting content to The Catholic Weekly, you accept the following terms and conditions.
1. In consideration for the benefits of publication, you grant to CAS a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable licence, including a right to sub-license, to reproduce, publish, copy, distribute, exhibit and transmit, adapt, edit and modify your submission in and in connection with The Catholic Weekly.
2. You acknowledge and agree that all right, title and interest in the publication of the submission in The Catholic Weekly newspaper will be the property of CAS.
3. You warrant and agree that:
a. you have created the submission yourself;
b. you are entitled to reproduce and exploit all of the underlying works in your submission;
c. your submission is not subject to third party proprietary rights, including intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights;
d. your submission has not been previously published in any other medium worldwide; and
e. you have not granted rights to your submission to any other person which are inconsistent with the rights granted to CAS.
4. You consent to CAS (and each of its assignees and licensees) doing or omitting to do anything which may infringe any and all of your moral rights including to edit, alter and reproduce the Submission, and that such consents have been obtained to the full extent permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
5. You agree not to make any claim against CAS or any of their employees, agents or authorised nominees arising from the exercise of the rights granted in these terms.
6. You acknowledge that CAS is under no obligation to publish your submission in The Catholic Weekly.