The Catholic Weekly Reader Competition (Competition) – Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Competition each entrant (You) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) which also include any instructions relating to the Competition as printed in The Catholic Weekly newspaper or in the equivalent online survey.
- The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney, publisher of The Catholic Weekly, (Promoter) may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any Prize to You if you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition will commence on Wednesday, 30 November 2016 and will close on Tuesday, 3 January 2017. Entries received after 3 January 2017 will not be accepted.
- To enter the Competition, You must:
a. complete the Survey as published either in The Catholic Weekly newspaper or online at https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/2016-survey
b. tell us in 25 words or less what The Catholic Weekly means to You
c. provide the required details in the contact form provided
d. submit the entry as directed.
- Entry to the Competition is limited to one per entrant.
- Entry to the Competition must be by an individual and not a company or organisation. Employees of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney, its parishes or agencies, may not enter the Competition.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that may be late, lost or misdirected.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the entrant, and must not infringe any intellectual property rights or moral rights of any person.
- You warrant that:
a. your entry is original work;
b. you have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under these Terms and Conditions;
c. use of your entry by the Promoter in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third party; and
d. Your entry does not breach the law.
- Three prizes (each a Prize) will be awarded, one each to three winning entrants.
- Each Prize will be one $100 (Australian dollars) voucher for use at the Mustard Seed Bookshop.
- A Prize cannot be redeemed for cash and its use is subject to any conditions of use or requirements that the Mustard Seed Bookshop may impose. The Promoter is not responsible for any costs associated with use of the Prize.
- Competition entries will be judged by the Editor of The Catholic Weekly (or the Editor’s delegate).
- Entries will be judged on their originality and creativity.
- The Editor (or delegate) has absolute discretion in determining whether to award one or all the prizes.
- The decision of the Editor (or delegate) is final and binding on Competition entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
Notification of winners and publication of results
- Winning entrants will be notified using the details provided by You in completing the Competition entry form.
- Winning entrants can expect to be notified in the week commencing Monday 30 January 2017.
- Prizes will be posted to the Competition winners nominated address.
Property in Competition Entry
- All competition entries become the property of the Promoter.
- By submitting entries to the Promoter, You grant the Promotor, its licensees and assignees the right to the entry, including the right to reproduce, adapt or modify the entry.
- You agree that by entering the Competition, the Promoter may publicise, publish or communicate Your name for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition.
- The Promoter may in its discretion chose to publish or use the winning entries in any of its print or online publications, including but not limited to its social media pages. The Promoter is not obligated to use or publish Your entry. The Promoter may in its discretion choose to notify You prior to any decision to publish.
- The Archdiocese of Sydney, its officers and employees and associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or the accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- You indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage arising from breach of the warranties above.
- The promoter of the Competition is the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney (ABN 16 389 108 075), the publisher of The Catholic Weekly.